Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Victoria's Secret bras

I have a bra from VS. Yesterday I wore it because the single pair of black underwear I have was clean and I wanted to match. (TMI, I know. ;) ) Here's the thing about VS bras though:


  1. They jack your breasts up, just like a car jack. Even the unpadded t-shirt bras do this. If you get a padded one, forget it, you'd better be very prepared to walk around with your chest mere inches from your hairline for the rest of the day.
  2. They don't really support very well. Be prepared to MOVE. I like my bras solid, like my Enell, which is amazing and which I'm recommending for anybody, any size who does high-impact exercise. With a VS bra, don't even dream of running unless you don't mind crossing your arms over your chest before you get your hustle on. Even walking isn't all that pleasant. There's a reason VS models are pictured sprawled catlike on beds, couches, ottomans and the beach. When's the last time you saw a truly comfortable cat do anything more strenuous than yawn?
  3. They are sexy. So, conclusion, if you got a man, wear VS, at night, in bed, whatever. But don't even believe their claims about all-day bras, yadda ya. Actually, come to think of it, they market entirely based on sexy. I may never have seen a VS ad that mentioned anything practical except for comfort and they are not uncomfortable. Wear an Enell in the daytime and VS at night. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment